Central-Eastern Kansas bow hunting paradise.
We pride ourselves on our bow hunting opportunities and hold the bow hunting near and dear to our hearts! We’ll show you the deer; the killing is up to you! We want to form a relationship with clients and become your go-to east-central Kansas outfitter! Year after year, hunt after hunt! We can’t wait to make memories with ya’ll!
- $3,500 for 6 days of Premium Whitetail hunting
- Meals and lodging included
- Plan for a cooked-hearty breakfast and a cooked-hot-hearty dinner; fridge and pantry full of snack bars and sandwich stuff for mid day.
- Lodge is fully furnished with everything you will want or need (washer/dryer, full kitchen, full bath, wifi, tv’s, “man-cave” in the garage with a tv and pool table and dart board, huge back deck overlooking the 5 acre pond behind the lodge, front porch with chairs/table and grills/smokers).
- Retrieving of game, cleaning/field dressing, caping out and hanging up in our private chilled meat locker on site to stay chilled while you stay.
- We have a top-notch deer tracking dog that had 100% finds on dead deer in his first season with us in 2021. He will find them! Free/included to our paying clients.
- Can also process and bag your meat if requested for an additional charge.
- All blinds (ground, tower, and pop-up) and tree stands provided and ready for you. Also have climbing stands for those who choose to use them. Safety harnesses provided; bring your own if you have one you are comfortable with.
How We Hunt
- We hunt all sorts of terrain; creek timber/bottoms, bottom-ground crop fields, pastureland, brushy/cedars, upland crop fields. The terrain is unlimited on our vast acreage!
- Hunters can choose to hunt out of blind (ground, pop-up, towers) or out of tree stands. We have several options to suit the hunters with what they are comfortable with. Heaters offered to those that choose to use them.
- We take you out and pick you up from every hunt.
- Guides available at all times to help with any and all your needs. Guides can hunt with you if requested.
Where We Hunt
- We have 15,000 acres to hunt on; very vast and beautiful whitetail terrain.
- Our land is in Deer Units 10, 11, and 14. Based out of Lyndon, KS and spreads out in all directions from there.
- Right between Melvern and Pomona Lake Reservoirs that hold a very large number of whitetails!
Availability for 2022
- Muzzleloader (September 12-25, 2022): second week BOOKED. 2-3 spots available for first week.
- Rifle (November 30-December 11, 2022): opening week BOOKED. VERY limited openings for last week of rifle.
- Archery (September 12-December 31, 2022): Call for availability; filling up fast!
- Booking for 2023 now!
Frequently Asked Questions
$500 deposit/hunter to lock your spot in.
Refundable if Non-Resident’s DON’T draw their tags
What to Bring
Camo clothing to wear during hunting (September is generally still warm/hot with showers/thunderstorms and cooler evenings. Octobers are generally cooler, November and December are COLD) and clothes to wear while relaxing at the lodge
Rifle, ammo, etc if rifle hunting. Bow, arrows, broadheads, etc if bow hunting.
Other items: camera, cooler for taking home meat if wanted, game tags and hunting license, head lamps, etc.
Hunting license (ages 16-74 must have a hunting license unless exempt by Kansas Law) and permits/tags bought over the counter through a licensed agent/business. Lamont Hill restaurant in Vassar, KS and Osage Hardware in Osage City, KS are two close places near the lodge to get hunting license and deer permits/tags. Any state park office can sell them also (Eisenhower State Park/Melvern Reservoir and Pomona State Park/Pomona Reservoir are both also close to the lodge).
Regardless of age all Non-Resident hunters must have a non-resident hunting license.
Must apply/draw for hunting tags (apply online at ksoutdoors.com or over the phone at 1-833-587-2164). Application period for April 1-April 29, 2022.
Non-Resident hunting license $97.50 (16 and older). $42.50 for 15 and younger. Non-resident hunting license is nonrefundable.
Non-Resident youth (15 and younger) Whitetail Deer Permit/tag $117.50 includes a $27.50 nonrefundable application fee.
Non-Resident (16 and older) Whitetail Deer Permit/tag $442.50 includes a $27.50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Non-Resident: 1 whitetail deer (buck, doe, or fawn) AND 1 whitetail antlerless deer (no additional fee, included with whitetail deer permit/tag).
- Resident: 1 whitetail deer (buck, doe, or fawn) AND 1 whitetail antlerless deer (no additional fee, included with whitetail deer permit/tag). Can purchase up to four additional (in units 10A, 11, and 14 for our hunting land locations) whitetail antlerless permits/tags but the hunt price is for only 1 antlered whitetail and 1 antlerless whitetail.
About Our Hunts
Muzzleloader hunts are generally early mornings to mid-morning then back out for an evening hunt.
October Archery hunts are generally early mornings to mid-morning then back out for an evening hunt.
November hunts are all day long if you can sit that long. Otherwise early mornings to mid-day, take a short hour or two break then back out early afternoon till dark
December hunts are generally early mornings till mid-day, take a short hour or two break then back out early afternoon until dark.
We have a shooting range on site at the lodge for sighting in your rifles or muzzleloaders. Also have several different bow targets for sighting in your bows (crossbows and compound bow targets).
Guide Gratuity: tipping your guide is not required but it is typical to tip your guide 10-20%. Your guide will appreciate a tip and any feedback you have for them. It’s ultimately left up to the hunters when and if to tip their guide.
Airports: Commercial Airlines
- Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport: ICT – Wichita, KS (Our location is approximately 1 hour 35 minutes from the airport)
- Kansas City International Airport: KCI – Kansas City, MO (Our location is approximately 1.5 hours from the airport)